Below are some tips for shopping for buttons in our collections.
- Have more questions? Ask other experienced sewers in our sewing discussion forum about button selection and button holes, What About Buttons? »
- Best Match Service: Our Fabric Specialists can match interfacings to any fabric in your online order, or to any swatch you send us. Learn about our Best Match Service »
Keep these tips in mind as you browse through our button collections.
- Even if you want to buy a small size of a button, look at the images for the larger sizes to see the best representation.
- When considering which size to order, remember to take into account your height and the placement of the button. The pattern envelope is only a guide. You can adjust the size of the button hole to accommodate your individual taste.
- There are a number of ways to customize the on your garment. For instance, if you can’t find a color match, use a neutral button sewn on with a thread color matching the . If the button you choose does not come in the right size, group two or three buttons together to accomplish the effect of a larger button. This is a particularly nice treatment on blouses and dresses made of lightweight fabrics which might not support the weight of a larger button.
- If you can’t find exactly what you are looking for in our online collections or would prefer the advice of an experienced sewer, try our Best Match Service for buttons.